Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas present arrived!

So earlier in December I made a purchase for a mic (BM800) and a scissor arm for the mic..it was estimated to arrive in between 8th-13th January 2016

And everytime I have the chance I'll be looking for reviews on Youtube on the mic..many of the reviewers are pros and audiophiles!

Most reviews on the mic is good! They are surprised with the decent quality of the mic..however they recommend to use phantom power.

There are also videos of those plugging the mic directly to the pc..or even to a USB soundcard..with the USB soundcard providing the better option..of course the best would be phantom power

Now with me being a cheapo..I found the mic being sold at Lazada for RM70 bucks..and the cheapest among the other merchants that selling the same mic (highest was over RM300!)..added a cheap scissor arm for RM 30..I spent about RM100 bucks for both!

Chose the black/gold combination because it looks awesome and sleeeeeeeek..and before you know it..the mic arrives..3 weeks after purchase..about 2 weeks earlier..

First things first..it's not in a box unlike those appeared on Youtube videos I've watched..it came in it's foam protector case..and a wrap-around foam piece! Aaaaaannnnnd..WRONG COLOR!


Yup..PINK! OMFG..PINK! Of allllll colours..it arrived PINK! But you know what? FOOK IT! I embrace the Pink! 


No..that ain't a dildo! The internet has spoiled too many minds!

Went home and set it all up..plugged it using the XLR-3.5mm cable that came along..mounted it to the scissor arm..jack it to my Steelseries Siberia sound card..tested it over Audacity..HOLY CRAP! IT'S AWESOME!

I am decently surprise! It's definitely much better than my headphone's mic..hahaha..no I'm not bashing the Siberia V2 headset..but this is much better because there isn't anything stuck in front my mouth..I breath and sigh alot..and headphone mics pick those up..watch my videos and you'll HEAR it hahaha

I haven't been able to record much and upload much recently..I have roughly 2-3 hours every night after work..in which I spend most of the time with family and loved ones..don't want to be neglecting them don't we?

I can record many videos..it's the time taken to edit and upload that's pushing things back..now I'm still enjoying this..it's the good kind of pressure! Don't give up on me just yet dammit!

I will be uploading Destiny - Part 9 and Rocket League - Part 11..it is AFTER these 2..you'll be hearing me on the new mic..now..the next question..to record a video or not? It'll be super awkward and all..

ANYWAY! Please wait for more videos guys! In the mean time keep watching the other videos! Let me know if there is any games you guys wanna play together (co-op based games!)

No comments: